Dedication V.S. Loyalty

This is something that I've had in my heart for a long time, loyalty being in the forefront of what I continually heard, but something didn't sit right with my spirit.  As I grew in age, I began to articulate that feeling by understanding the difference between loyalty and dedication. In short, I believe that dedication is much more important than loyalty. 

I believe this because I believe in accountability and self love first. Loyalty has to do with a type of submission to a person places or thing even without analysis or deep thought. This reminds me of slavery, when you think about it, masters wanted their slaves loyal to them and them only and slaves were just that.  In fact, id even say that is what made them a slave at the core. They weren't dedicated to themselves,because all of their worked was exhausted for others benefit. 

In dedication, it requires your attentativeness, consistent work ethic, and submission to due process. In that I can now honor that beyond what you feel, you have submitted yourself to some kind of staple law! I can not stand a person to just be loyal to me without their own premis of why this is, as to be just loyal without thought. If they are dedicated to me for the better, they will hold me accountable.

Same goes for someone who expects me to just be loyal to them because they are who they are or that they've done something for me, that usually has been shown to be a magic trick. I want to dedicate myself to you, there is a vast difference, this requires much work, and I'm here for it all, to whom this is worthy for, surely not most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Governance

Passion